A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Pre-workout fuel

So at about song 5 of 7 today in spin class, I started feeling sluggish and more out of breath than usual. A little bit sick to my stomach but not bad. Knocked the pace down a notch and finished, but felt quite tired and kind of lightheaded. Now, a "normal" class will make one tired but this was different. So I just found this article about eating before working out. It also offers tips of food types that are best.
The bottom line? You definitely need fuel, but not too much (I think this is where I erred, and too close to exercise). And if you don't have enough food in the ol' system, you'll feel that too.
Any other horror stories?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, one time I almost threw up after a tennis match. could have been the wendys hamburger?