A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

7 days till '40 Eve'


Yep. Thirty-nine is lurking. Then 40. Not sure what I am doing for either birthday, but many people tell me (jokingly?) that everything starts going going downhill right about now. Yikes. Better stockpile some water and ammo. Of course I'm kidding. (We don't have the storage space.)
Recent check-up brought good news and good numbers but you do have to wonder: What's in an age? If it's just a state of mind, why aren't there more giddy 90-year-olds? And why does our culture bow down to the 18-24-year-old set? (We all were that age once, so I don't knock them personally. I just tire of Youth Worship.)
Bring on the tips for surviving the final year of one's 30s. I have a week until that age actually strikes, however. (Which means that you, Internet, have only seven shopping days remaining. Go.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Allison! Things do go downhill after a certain point, but we hear that's what good foundation-wear is for!

Allison Kennedy said...

You have a point. Lowdogs, what brand do you use?

Unknown said...

I'll say one thing for being 40. Your memory is better than it will be when you're 67. So, out of respect for my awful memory, Happy Birthday now.

Allison Kennedy said...

Funny! And thanks!

Leslie said...

Hmm I'm right behind you. I was 38 at the end of October. Let me know when it starts falling apart so I can be forewarned.

~Leslie
http://homeschoolblogger.com/NeverAlone/

Leslie said...

And you know, birthdays have never bothered me, but this year I woke up and thought "OMG I am almost 40. I can't be 40." I was near panic, but then decided that I might as well save the panic for when I am 40, not just almost 40. And truly I am grateful to be alive and healthy and wonderfully blessed by God. but 40 looms...