A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Monday, March 31, 2008

Vitamin I

Aka, Ibuprofen.
About 40 minutes before Spin class Sunday, I popped two Advil. Had a slight headache. Headache went away a bit before class, but something happened I had never experienced before: My legs felt like jelly. I had energy but I had to make myself pedal. It was a feeling of being really, really relaxed.
Anyone else have experience with this?
Read all about Vitamin I here. Maybe I shouldn't complain. A possible side effect, it says, is death.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Be careful, sweetie. I read the link you attached to your post and didn't see anything about weakness, but, heck, drugs can do all sorts of things to us. Did you see the story about the two types of anti-cholesterol meds that don't work? The companies that manufacture them make zillions of dollars from selling them. Or at least they did before the most recent study.

Allison Kennedy said...

Oh, I'm all right. It was just a strange feeling, like my legs went to sleep.

Kearsmom said...

Jimmy has had that happen before. Took Advil right after playing basketball, was loopy and weak the rest of the day. Maybe has something to do with blood pressure or increased physical activity??