A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Monday, March 17, 2008

Starbucks, Ph.D.


I'm thinking if there was ever a need for me to work at Starbucks, it'd require a Ph.D.
Not that I didn't already know this, but the other day I picked up this handy-dandy 24-page mini-book that tells you all about the fancy drinks you can order.
What movie was it where the character said, "I'll have coffee. ... Coffee-flavored coffee"?
The choices are so overwhelming. Someone in front of me ordered something this past weekend that sounded so complicated, and yet the person behind the counter didn't even blink. There were about eight descriptions in the woman's order. I, meanwhile, reached for the handy-dandy manual.

5 comments:

MaggieandBandit said...

We don't think you should drink coffee at all. Staffer Mom is hooked on it, and if she doesn't get it early enough each day, she's pretty grumpy.

Allison Kennedy said...

Hey, if you can't smoke crack, coffee is a great second choice. :)

Karyn said...

Have you heard about the business men who spend $15-$20 a day on Starbucks coffee? Is it really about the drink at that point, or the status symbol? Just a thought, if they need coffee that bad, wouldn't they carry a coffee thermos around with them like construction workers do? I don't think they would dare loose their little paper cup w/ the cardboard sleeve around it bearing the name of their "coffee clique"

Karyn said...

Have you heard about the big time business me who spend $15-$20 dollars a day on starbucks coffee? I think it is more a status place at times, and why not have one more thing to hold in your hand throughout the day to make you look more "grown up" right? Just a thought... Would they feel as important if they were drinking out of a coffee thermos?

Allison Kennedy said...

Hey, I'd guess it's the status symbol. and also they probably work really quickly!, with all that caffeine.