A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Food for a cause


Tired of biking or running for a cause? How about eating for one?
The annual Deli Day is 11 a.m.-2 p.m. April 3 at Temple Israel, 1617 Wildwood Ave. The spring picnic benefits the Wynnton Neighborhood Network, a consortium of congregations that benefits the poor in Columbus.
Tickets are $9, which includes a packed corned beef sandwich and side items. Homemade desserts (yum!) cost $3.50 extra. All worth it.
Based on personal experience, it's best if you pre-order tickets. You're chancing it if you want tickets at the door.
For more information or ticket orders, call 706-323-1617.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds great. I'll worry about my waistline for a day or two more and then probably call them. Maybe I could go by just for dessert. If I'm going to get larger I may as well do it having fun. Thanks for your comment on my Hillary blog, dear one.
I'll write about this on the blog soon, but my friend Eleanor Clift just published a beautiful book, Two Weeks of Life. It's about her husband, Tom Brazaitis, who died in 2005, at just the same time that Terry Schiavo died. If you're in the mood for love, death and political controversy, I can't recommend this book highly enough.

Allison Kennedy said...

Come with us to Deli Day! It's so much fun. (and skip the ^&$%! diet.)

Unknown said...

Forgot to say that I'd love to go to Deli Day with you. Think I can still get a ticket?