A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Today's discovery


Click here.
What an amazing place. I've ridden by the one near our house maybe hundreds of times, but stopped in today because we needed new ice trays. Only a dollar! For four! So then I "had" to buy a couple of other things.
Granted, some of the stuff on the shelves is pure crap and IMHO isn't worth a dollar. And you also risk, as I did, getting behind the person with 37 items in the cart but when she swipes her card discovers they don't do debit; only credit. So she tells the cashier, "I have to run out to my car," and you roll your eyes and shift your weight to the other leg, back and forth.
BUT.
During this recent unpleasantness (the economy), I am suddenly the biggest fan of the Dollar Tree.

3 comments:

MaggieandBandit said...

Our staff prefers Dollar Tree over all the $1 places. We get better treats from there and they can buy stupid things like cat collars and silly string.

Anonymous said...

Girl where have you been? I love the Dollar Tree!

~Leslie

Allison Kennedy said...

I musta been under a rock!
This is like ... the cure for cancer!
(maybe a bit over the top?)