A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Sunday, May 11, 2008

A bouquet to all mothers


That best academy, a mother's knee. ~ James Russell Lowell

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers. Sent flowers to mine on Friday, which in a way was risky because she always told my father she thought they were a waste of money. (But I reminded her after the delivery--of the flowers, I mean--that it was my money to be "wasted," not hers.) She was pleasantly surprised. She said she was outside when the guy pulled up and that she looked into the whites of my dad's eyes to see if he was lying, when he said he didn't know anything about it.
Then, ever the practical person, she said, "I can use them for my funeral!"
I said, "Uh, do you have plans?"
All of a sudden she thinks she's 100 years old.
What are your memories of your mother?

No comments: