A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Friday, May 2, 2008

Blog recommendation


Stumbled on this engaging blog a few minutes ago called "My Cancer." Sounds like a downer, I know, but this guy Leroy Sievers, a journalist for National Public Radio, writes about his journey so eloquently and honestly that you forget it's about the dreaded C word.
Cancer has been on my mind because I have friends--and friends of friends--who are going through treatment. These people are so very brave. In my own family, what's amazing to me is that it's not in our history. I mean, everybody these days has cancer, right? (Or so it seems.) No one on either side of my mom or dad's family has had it. (By that I mean their parents, grandparents and siblings. Both families are fairly sizable.) We have patterns of other diseases but not that. That one scares the heck out of me.

No comments: