A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pulled the trigger


No, not that kind.
Bought my first car in 10 years. It was sad to let the old one go, but also time. Not a bad experience, considering the feeling you get that you are opening your wallet, emptying it on the floor and leaving it with them; and it beat the previous two experiences I had--in 1990 and 1998, respectively.
Yet here's a tactic I noticed: Different people kept coming in and out of the office where I sat and waited on different things and each one apologized for how long everything was taking. "I know we need to get you out of here," that sort of thing. I took the afternoon off from work, so I wasn't in a hurry, really.
Then after they gave me their price and various percentage rates based on the years of payoff, I told them a rate I got from my credit union. So then they went back and crunched the numbers and came up with an APR that was about a quarter-percent less than what I brought in.
I was thinking to myself, "Boys, I'll camp here all day if I can get a better deal."
Also, I think there needs to be a way to bottle that new-car smell. Ahhhh.
This is where I got my car.

3 comments:

cannamoma said...

you wont you got a honda! yay ! you wont regret it. I just recently purchased a new 1007 honda civic. I LOVE IT !

MaggieandBandit said...

It's a great limo! When do we get to ride?

Allison Kennedy said...

Um, maybe not right away unless I put down 8,000 towels first. (I'm pretty overprotective with a new car.) But then, it would also mean I need to come see YOU!