A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Friday, August 29, 2008

Java news


We try to stay away from shameless commercials around here but this one is for a regional company with a good cause to back it up.
Cafe Campesino, HQ'd in Americus, just sent an e-mail that said they're open 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday (Labor Day). They will be laboring even though others will not.
There's a link on the site to Fair Trade, which means they pay good wages to coffee farmers. So support them if you can.
Their brick and mortar address is 725 Spring St.
Have a safe holiday weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hard to believe that this wonderful company is based in my home town, Americus. Go, home town!

Allison Kennedy said...

Hi!
I can't believe we've never talked about this company. I came across them oh, maybe 5-6 years ago and wrote about them. Really nice people. I kept telling them I was actually going to drive down there and meet them--so maybe you can go with me!