A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Car repairs part XV

I lost count.
This time, it's not me. Thank God, because vacation is coming up.
It's someone I've interviewed before, Gordon Atkinson of Texas, who has this blog entry from today, June 26.
His latest entry follows one about his car troubles. He's feeling a little less Zen today. But, like me with my own mechanic, he seems to have stumbled on a good one. This is a particularly vulnerable feeling, when one is out of town and not sure when one can get back home. (This happened to my own self back in '97 when I was in grad school. Bear in mind this was before cell phones, at least for me. About 45 minutes into a 6-hour trip, my car just died going down this hill. I coasted into the emergency lane and thankfully a state patrolman saw me soon after. Long story short, but I was able to get my car to the dealer, and fixed--which took all day--and called the wife of one of my professors who came to pick me up and she gave me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in their kitchen. With milk!)
Good comfort food, in a pinch.
Internet, is there a saint for car troubles that you know of?

1 comment:

Brad Barnes said...

We used to have a St. Christoper magent in our car, growing up. He was supposed to watch out for travelers, I think.