A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Zicam


The word of the day is Zicam. We at the Spin Cycle have a bad cold (as opposed to a cold that makes you feel good). A woman at my hairdresser's this morning gave me some of the chewable tablets. Got on the Internet just now to do some research on Zicam and--like, wow!--there's a plethora of Zicam products to fight any symptom.
This site comes complete with testimonials.
I like what the one guy says: The sooner you get to the fire, the quicker you can put it out.
Anyone have any success with Zicam? Wanna testify?

4 comments:

Kearsmom said...

Um, I think I heard that the nasal spray can decrease your sense of smell. Seriously.

MaggieandBandit said...

Mom's been taking the lozenges and they may have helped her for a while. She's not sure. But, we'll pull for anything that makes her quit coughing like a wonded seal.

Unknown said...

Allison, the comment by kearsmom sent me to Google, where I searched for "Zicam side effects." I found scary things. The reports of dangerous reactions from Zicam are numerous. You should probably try something else to get through the miserable cold. I've had good success with Robitussin, and now I'll go check it on Google.
Less scary, I bought Crest Pro-Health mouthwash, only to realize that it caused my teeth to darken. A friend of mine got a coupon for a free tooth cleaning from Proctor & Gamble because of what it did to her teeth. I'm writing them this week.

Allison Kennedy said...

Interesting stuff. ... I think it's about run its course now. I hope!