A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Monday, February 5, 2007

If the shoe doesn't fit, wear it


So I was at the gym after work today and made the unfortunate discovery in the locker room that I didn't have my bike shoes for spin class. I changed clothes anyway. I had my tennis shoes, and could have ridden on a different kind of bike. But once you get used to those cycling shoes, let me tell you, you can't go back. Debated whether to drive home (about 10 minutes if you obey all the speed laws and traffic lights) but didn't really have time.
Then my New Best Friend Ron came to the rescue. He offered to let me wear his shoes (he was going to another class), BUT he wears a size 10.5. I wear an 8. So I tried them on, and walked around like one of those clowns in the circus with the huge feet. Yet I am here to testify that they worked. You're clipped in anyway so you're not going anywhere. I just felt like my foot was about halfway back in the shoe.
Miracle of miracles. Had they been a size or two smaller, this might not have turned out so well.
Next time you're in the same predicament, borrow the shoes.

No comments: