A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Escar-No?!


To my knowledge, escargots have never graced my palette. So imagine my surprise when this was my winnings this evening at Brad Barnes' and Jennifer Collins' (mostly) annual Chili Cookoff. Brad is a colleague and Jennifer's his wife. Ordinarily the Big Event revolves around the Super Bowl, but this year it's for Oscar Night. There was some stiff competition: Some hot chili, some on the sweet side, some exotic and some normal. (Mine was normal, straight out of the Betty Crocker.) Brad even tried to stack the deck by printing ballots with his name already filled in. Grrrr.
To be fair, my chili tied for first with Jennifer's and Sonya Sorich's. But nonetheless, I can hardly contain my excitement--not that I'm competitive, haha--because for years this fella from work beat everybody like a boxer. He was probably born making chili. Then he moved.
This was my year.
Not sure what to do with the can of loot. Any takers?

2 comments:

Brad Barnes said...

Hey, snails is durn tasty.

Brad Barnes said...

Thanks for the offer, but I ain't takin' them back. The es-car-gotta-go. It was a gag gift. Literally.