A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Friday, July 2, 2010

Women's specific: Specialized Dolce Elite


In the market for a new bike, after about eight or nine years. So my man Byron at Ride On Bikes hooked me up with a "test drive" today.
In a word: Sweet. (which is what Dolce means.)
Went about 12 miles and felt like I could ride to the moon. So much lighter and more powerful than my Raleigh.
You can read the specifics here. A women's-specific bike fits the contours of a woman's body better. For instance, the distance from the seat to the handlebar is about an inch shorter than a man's bike. (That was the most noticeable difference to me.) The shifting is different on this one, too, but I liked it.
Let me know if you want to take a spin this weekend, y'all.

No comments: