A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Friday, July 23, 2010

Lance Armstrong: Cheater?

Floyd Landis says he is. And Greg LeMond.
This piece from Thursday's Time.com tells of one Jeff Novitzky, an investigator for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), who's pursuing answers.
I don't know what to believe about Lance. Mainly I go on the evidence: that he's never failed a drug test. But on the other hand I'm pretty skeptical/cynical about sports and all the "records" broken by stars on the juice. I'm also not one of these people who needs a sports star to remain on top for my orbit to spin. (Though I admit having a certain affinity and admiration for the seven-time Tour de France winner.)
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. And I don't doubt Lance will fight it like he fought cancer: with both barrels.

1 comment:

uriel81 said...

I get you, and love Lance after watching 5 of his 7 victories. The word is that doping can be done if the timing is very controlled erythropoetins (red cell enhancers) and growh hormone are said to be undetectable if done in this way in the off season. I'm not sure. But, notice the way that he answers questions to the press. It's over controlled and a bit stiff. When you look at a 2000 mile race and how inhuman it is to the athletes, it just seems possible to me.