A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Friday, July 9, 2010

Bike gloves: Friend or foe?

Will test out my very first pair of bike gloves after work.
I didn't understand them, at first, until my palms started to hurt after being in the same position. People tell me the gloves will help. I've only experienced this discomfort in the past few months.
Anyone out there use them?
This article says one benefit is for warmth--which will help when it gets cold again around here--but safe to say that's not now.
Happy Friday.

2 comments:

maysville said...

Ally,
Wouldn't ride without my gloves. The more miles you log, the more cushion you need. The older you are (i'm still older) the more cushion you need.

Heaven forbid, the day will come when you go down. Having your hands protected is well worth any possible aggravation.

During the summer, I ride with fingerless, traditional bike gloves. During the winter months, I ride with windproof full finger gloves (sometimes multiple pairs).

Wouldn't ride without a helmet. Won't ride without gloves.

Allison Kennedy said...

Scott, thanks. ... I just got home. Mixed reviews, but probably because it's in the mid-90s here so they felt hot. BUT, I did like the comfort on my palms. That part was better. I could also see how they'd protect if I had a crash landing. You never know. :)