A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Imagination


I keep thinking about those kids in Connecticut who just want to play wiffle ball, and be kids. (See July 13).
They come to mind partly because it's the time of year that should be about carefree play and imagination and fewer rules and less structure. Less than a mile from where I sit, there used to be some thick woods where my brother and our friends and I played and made forts and went exploring. (Paradise has since been paved over.)
The forts were little more than clearings under bushes, I recall, but they could have been castles. It's where we plotted to take over the world (figuratively speaking) and where we escaped from the rules of the house.
Not far from our territory, my mother was taking a walk one day and came upon a dead body. But that's a story for another time.
Dream.

No comments: