A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Today's find


Today's bookstore find: "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid" by Bill Bryson, an Englishman who's lived off and on in the States until he and his family moved back to England in 2003.
Anyone out there read this one?
I first stumbled on Bryson about 10 years ago when I bought "A Walk in the Woods." (His journey about a hike along the Appalachian Trail with a friend from Iowa. Though they didn't complete the trail, and though the sidekick was reportedly fictitious, the stories are hilarious; Bryson also includes his own rantings about the U.S. Forest Service, the environment and the lightning-quick alterations to--and tackying up of--the American landscape. See Tennessee, Gatlinburg.)
Here's an interview Bryson did with Powell's Books.

PS OK, has anyone seen my book? I'm wracking my brain. Bought it, put it in the back of my car, took my mother home; went to see some friends and came home. No book. This is very strange.
Maybe Bisquick ate it.

PPS Call off the dogs. The bag has been found, beside the laundry basket next to the washer. Better than the refrigerator, I guess.

No comments: