A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Water wars


So I wheeled into one of our coffee shops this afternoon to buy a bottle of water--the brand doesn't matter--and it was more than $1.25. Egads. And the male cashier, who was a hoot, said, "I used to think these were a scam."
"I did, too," I said. And part of me still does. (Did you know that the brand name Evian is Naive spelled backwards? Think about it.) The guy might still think buying cold water is a scam, but then he said, "But when I'm thirsty, it's just ... right there." God knows what we used to do in the old days when we had to actually WALK to the water fountain at work and fill up a plastic cup or glass, or get ice out of the freezer at home and actually turn on the kitchen faucet.
I've read reports in which dentists say we're missing flouride in the bottled varieties. Which may explain why I had 2 cavities last year (Nos. 2 and 3) and I had not had one in 26 years. Hmmm.

No comments: