A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Frying eggs on the sidewalk


Maybe a slight exaggeration, but not much. Earlier today, weatherchannel.com reported it was 95 degrees in our little hamlet but that it "feels like 93."
(And what exactly does that mean? Like 2 degrees cooler makes you need a jacket? Internet, hot weather does not make me a happy person.) Then again, I have some friends riding in this.
So maybe I should just be thankful to be sitting in the AC next to Evil Cat.
Some friends ask me every year: When are you going to do BRAG? Here is what I say: When they move it out of June; when I can afford to rent a motel room every night, in addition to the entry fee; and when they provide everyone a personal masseuse at the end of each day.

2 comments:

Brad Barnes said...

Whatever they said it felt like, they were wrong. It felt like 117 to me, en route to the RiverCenter.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100% about hot weather! I hate it. So does my whole family. Believe you me, if we had the money and means we would move to a cooler climate in a New York minute. I was delighted when I lived in Wyoming a few years ago for a few months, and at night in July I could sleep in my upstairs apartment with the windows open without even needing a fan; sometimes it would drop to 45 degrees at night in mid-July. I thought I was in heaven. If it hadn't been for some foolish financial mistakes made in my reckless youth I think I would still be in Wyoming! What gets me is people in this area complaining about the little teeny bit of cold weather we do have in December and January and February. What do they have to complain about? They get 9 or 10 months of hellish heat so whey can't they let cold weather lovers enjoy what little cool relief we have without sniping and complaining?