A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tobacco: Even a little bit does damage

This report released today is pretty sobering.
Even if you take one puff, there's immediate and lasting damage.
I don't smoke and never have (and that's not a sanctimonious statement; I've done other damaging things to myself, knowingly and unknowingly). But smokers can't get away with "it's just this once," or "I only smoked for a few years."
Also had read this story about a major lawsuit won by the family of a dead man, who dipped tobacco beginning at 13. I never understand the rationale for these huge winnings, because unless an employee of the tobacco manufacturer is putting the cigarettes (or smokeless tobacco) into your mouth without your knowledge, you have a responsibility to be, well, responsible.

No comments: