A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Garrison Keillor: The stroke update

After a blood clot infiltrated his gray matter, the Prairie Home Companion host started thinking seriously about sex (and other important stuff). As always, Garrison Keillor delivers.

By Garrison Keillor, Nov. 15, 2010
People keep asking about my stroke.
I am okay, really--not staggering around with one arm hanging limp, or glassy-eyed or slurring my speech, flecks of spittle on my lips. And yet people still say, "How are you doing?" in that special way that means, "Tell us the painful truth and feel free to cry." Really, it was only a minor stroke, but I will tell about it one last time and then let's move on to something interesting--such as sex or sweet corn or the Rapture--and I will never discuss this again.
Thank you for your patience.
Read the rest here, and enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Terrific story. I hadn't heard he had a stroke.