A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

St. Francis Hospital: Of rhythms and rhymes and harmonies

My dad remains in the hospital. Rather a sucky time of year to be in the hospital--but then again, when is it ever good? Not sure what we'll do for Christmas but my main wish is he's alert and doing much better.
My mom and I, and my husband and many others, have been around the place since Saturday. For me, it's enough time to pick up on some more things. Here are more random observations, in no particular order: If you know you're going to St. Francis much later than 8 a.m., it's best to park across the street at Starbucks or Gold's Gym and walk. You'll save a lot of time circling up and down the parking deck.
We have found the staff to be professional and kind and honest and tender, not only with my daddy but with us.
As he's gained hours and days away from his surgery, the nurses and docs don't stay in the room as much. That's a good sign.
Hospital food remains high quality. I'm not that picky an eater but it helps to have decent food when you feel tied to the premises.
Take note: The gift shop is having a 75 percent off sale on Christmas items. This has come in handy.
Surgeries tend to happen in the morning, unless one has an emergency. More people in waiting rooms in the morning and early afternoon.
Just curious: Why is the hallway to the CCU area chilly? There's a noticeable difference between other hallways. Is it to ward off germs?

No comments: