A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pretty in Pink

Here's an interview clip about the 1986 John Hughes film "Pretty in Pink." Sadly, Hughes died today, of a heart attack.
This movie definitely was part of my era. There were others lumped into these "Brat Pack" films, including "Some Kind of Wonderful," "St. Elmo's Fire," "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and "The Breakfast Club." I've been trying all day to think of a favorite; but each one has its own merit.
Funny but Andrew McCarthy, interviewed in the clip, was chosen for the part largely by co-star Molly Ringwold. In high school, my girlfriends and I would go on and on (and on) about our deep crushes on him. Our guy friends didn't get it. They'd whisper to us that he was gay. And we'd hit them.
Rest in peace, John Hughes. You "got" us.

3 comments:

Kearsmom said...

How many times do you think we watched The Breakfast Club and St. Elmo's Fire? I can remember, as if it were yesterday, sitting in the living room of your house watching those movies...

Allison Kennedy said...

Hi!
Yes. ... Good times.
But it's weird; I can't remember Some Kind of Wonderful that much. Maybe it was after we graduated.

Kearsmom said...

Yep, I just googled it. 1987. We were off to bigger and better things by then!