A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bulldog Bait & Tackle

Yes, this is the name of an actual establishment here in the River City.
Tacky/redneck as it may sound, it is an oasis if one is parched while exercising on the adjacent Riverwalk.
Dropped by there today and a man handed me a flier advertising BBQ meals he cooks out front every day (Monday-Saturday).
Menu includes:
Rib plate; rib tray
Boston butt sandwich
Hamburgers; hot dogs
The most expensive thing on the menu is a whole slab of ribs for $14. Cheapest is a hot dog for $1.50. (Better yet, an order of fries for $1). Not bad.
Not exactly health food but I told him I'd come check it out, given that I'm only about 2 miles away by car. Anyone up for lunch this week, give me a call at the L-E.

No comments: