A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Thursday, August 13, 2009

OCD


This is an amazing story about a guy who finally got relief from his OCD, or obsessive-compulsive disorder.
His was an extreme case, of course, but I imagine there's a bit of OCD in all of us.
Mine? Note writing. If you break a nail, I will likely send you a get-well card. Or if you let me come in your house to use the bathroom, you'll get a thank-you note.
There are worse things to do, I suppose; and this man in the article had much more extreme habits. (The line is when you let these things take utter control of your life.) The underlying trait is control, or the feeling of being in control.
Do you remember the William Hurt character in "American Tourist" who alphabetized the items in his pantry? Hard core.
What are some OCD traits you have, or have seen?

1 comment:

Kearsmom said...

In my past life (aka pre-children) I worked at a local hospital, psychiatric unit. We had to keep our unit refrigerators stocked with those little juice cartons. I alphabetized the juice...apple, cranberry, grape, orange, prune...from left to right.