A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Monday, November 22, 2010

The road not taken

That's from the famous Robert Frost poem, of course. But in the context from Sunday, I discovered a new path on my bike ride. Next to Oxbow Meadows, where builders are constructing a new center, there's a new paved path. Others had told me about it, so yesterday I finally explored. It meanders maybe a mile down toward a lake. Various switchbacks and curves make it so you can't sustain much speed--but it felt good to slow down for a change.
The last bridge (so far) was blocked off with yellow tape. I assume the path will be extended, eventually. It's a pretty setting; the city is planning a new marina down there. For now, the scene is quiet and idyllic and perfect for a fall ride. Most noticeably, the fallen leaves on the path make for a steady crunching sound.
Enjoy.

No comments: