A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bike shoe booties: Specialized

Best $20 I ever spent.
Yesterday I rode from about 11-1. I knew the high would be about 60. Though not one to get chilled very easily, I do suffer from cold feet (while cycling, that is) and cold hands and ears. My feet, particularly, can go numb in cooler temps. So I went to see my buds at Ride On Bikes and they sold me these awesome toe warmers.
They're not terribly easy to get on or off, but well worth the effort.
If you have clip in shoes, they have small holes for ventilation. Not something you need going 15 mph or more.
Hoorah for toe warmers!

To remedy the cold hands: bike gloves; and, for now, I put my windbreaker hood under my bike helmet. It cuts the peripheral vision and hearing so I think I'll check out a skull cap. Ideas?

2 comments:

maysville said...

Great to hear you were out yesterday in the chill. Lots of good options for keeping your digits warm. I suffer from the same challenge. We were out Saturday morning with a 34 degree start.

Headsweats makes a great skull cap.
Headband earwarmers are a great option as well. http://tinyurl.com/34dapn7

Gloves: http://tinyurl.com/253woxj

Hope the links help.

Allison Kennedy said...

Thanks, Scott!