A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Monday, August 16, 2010

Guy Fieri

At the outset, I have to say: I pretty much despise our celebrity culture; I read People magazine only when it's the only one available in the doctor's office; and I don't watch much TV.
That said, here's a recent profile of Guy Fieri, superstar.
When we do watch TV, it's his hit show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives." Early on, some eateries declined to be featured because they didn't want to be placed in one of those categories. (I'll bet they're returning calls now.)
I like Fieri. Not so much that I would throw underwear at him, as one woman did on a set. But I like his easy, humorous style with chefs and restaurant owners. Have always wondered, though: If upon sampling a concoction he didn't like, would he say so? That's the rub: You're at someone's restaurant and therefore a guest, so it's hard to slam their food.
PS. Fieri is to star in an upcoming Aflac commercial--something of interest to us locally with the insurance company based here.

No comments: