A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love. Simple as that

“I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.”
-- Mother Teresa

Leave to M.T. to nail it on the head.
(Which is not to say, love should be confused with abuse or hurt. Just thought we'd clear that up.)
I'm making my way through "Committed," Elizabeth Gilbert's sequel to "Eat, Pray, Love." So far so good. I'm in the "sociological" component now--how cultures and the Church have viewed marriage through the ages. (Believe it or not, it's changed some.)
Today being Valentine's Day, I personally think it's the Cheesiest of All Holidays. But then again, it's nice to take a break from the routine and tell people how you feel about them.

No comments: