A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Joe Posnanski

Joe is one of the new columnists at Sports Illustrated. I bring this up because we used to work together (not that he would remember me). But he's made it to the big leagues. Way to go, Joe.
In case you're wondering, he's Irish.
Just kidding.
My strongest memory of Joe: He picked up his mail one day and sat down at his desk, opened one of the envelopes and began reading. He just handed me the letter, with a dejected countenance. I don't remember the exact quote but it was along these lines: I hope your cancer cells begin to multiply.
Also I remember his reaction. He didn't go into a rant but just sort of sat there and took it, looking sad.
Here's hoping for better fan mail, Joe.

2 comments:

Joe Posnanski said...

If I am not mistaken, the precise line was: "If you don't get hit by a car, I hope the cancer spreads."

The life of a sportswriter.

Great seeing this Allison -- hope you're doing real well.

Allison Kennedy said...

Hey
wow, that's even worse.
Glad you indeed lived.
Good to hear from you!
Allison