A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Getta load of these flowers


So these wildflowers popped up in our neighbor's garden. We're grateful that our driveway runs right beside them, so we can enjoy this fall scenery. Though I was grew up in the very town (the very town!) in which I now live, I'm always shocked by our summer heat. So I'm thankful for cooler temps and less humidity. Did I not notice the heat when I was a child? Running around the neighborhood barefoot, playing in the woods, putting my ear to the pavement with friends to listen out for the ice cream truck? (How stupid was that?, but we saw it in a movie so it must have worked for somebody.)
Halcyon days here in Columbus, Ga. Enjoying them while they last.

1 comment:

MaggieandBandit said...

Yay! It's fall!
Ernie's been grabbing squirrels for lunch as they bury their winter treasures. We've been digging up weeds and rolling in the herb garden -- it always smells better in fall.

Thanks for sharing the flowers!