A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A difference between men and women

Phone rings as we're finishing dinner. Woman on other end says that Michael and I have won a free meal next Wednesday at Red Lobster, because I had taken this very brief phone survey last week about fire safety in our home.
Woman says we can bring three other couples if we'd like, and there'll be a presentation at the end but we don't have to stay for the presentation.
This is especially the part I like because most meetings, to me, are a colossal waste of time--I don't care how many of those Red Lobster cheesy biscuits you put in front of me.
This is one illustrative difference between me and Michael, which I have come to appreciate. He's suspicious about most anything like this. (For one thing, he says, a gimmick is that everyone who answers the phone survey wins the free dinner.)
Yeah but I'm all, like, FREE FOOD!

No comments: