A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Strange call from a man

"I love your husband ... but not in a sexual way."
Hands down, the quote of the day.
The context: Michael got called downstairs at work last week to take a Letter to the Editor from a male reader (Michael used to be on the editorial board and knows this guy, but now he wears another hat at the paper). This man just called our home number and said, "Is this where Mike Owen from the paper lives?" After I said yes, I braced myself. It's rare that a reader would call us at home and if one does, it's usually not good. But this man went on to thank Michael (through me) profusely for getting in his letter. Said it was the best one he'd ever written. Said he wanted to send Michael $50 for his trouble. (Though tempted to say, "Send it on!", I said, No, no, he was just doing his job.)
Before he hung up, the man said he loved me too.
Boy, you don't get calls like this every day.

No comments: