A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snack bars

Internet, what's your opinion on snack bars, aka power bars or cereal bars?
This article was a good find for me on breaking down the nutritional value on the labels. Clearly, you want something as nutritional as possible. In that realm, I like Fiber One bars by General Foods. (Then again if you're on a long bike ride, you might like something with more carb value.)
I remember a brand--back in the dark ages when I was in college--that was popular among me and my friends. Actually, the name of it escapes me but it was kind of crunchy and had a chocolate outer layer. Yum. (Was it Carnation? Does anyone recall?) These days it probably wouldn't pass any of the low-fat, low-carb tests but man, it was tasty-licious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There was a Carnation breakfast bar that had a chocolate coating. Also Kudos granola bars were, I think, covered in chocolate.

Leslie