A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Molly II

Two days ago, my parents' dog Molly was the subject of a blog post. Today, as they'd planned, the vet "put her down" (the polite phrase for euthanasia.)
Hank Hall is their veterinarian. I can't say enough nice things about him; he explained all of the procedure; and he cared for Molly for her nearly 15 years on earth.
Our priest came, too. Doug isn't my parents' pastor but they're friends with him and he was kind enough to take some time for Molly and us. He read a sweet poem about dogs, then prayed over her and for us. As it happens, Doug owns a Golden Retriever too (named Glory), so I know he has a soft spot for animals and for this breed.
I trust Molly is cavorting in a better place with all her old tennis balls and dog friends.

No comments: