A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Thursday, January 29, 2009

aka Heart Explosion


This is really making the rounds.
The Bacon Explosion, perhaps the Atkins Diet on steroids, contains 2 pounds of sausage and 2 pounds of bacon. Also some spices and, as one editor here defended it, caraway seeds--"a vegetable," he said.
Next Friday I'm going out of town. I halfway expect to come home two days later and see this editor dead on my kitchen floor, having been invited over to eat the Bacon Explosion with my husband. I imagine each of them with a fistful of the meal, half-eaten, in their hands, with their eyes rolled back in their heads but smiles on their faces.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is disgusting.

Unknown said...

I think it sounds delicious. A friend of mine living in Paris for a few months writes a blog about food (what else?) while he's there. A Louisiana native, he describes in loving detail all the great ways that French chefs use pork fat. Yum.

Unknown said...

p.s. If you're lucky enough to be planning a trip to Paris soon, visit my friend's blog for great ideas for food and sights to see. It"s

http://web.me.com/thomashead/Site_3/Blog/Blog.html

Al said...

Patsy can confirm the awesomeness that was the Meatfest: a thrice-yearly weekend that would send a vegan screaming.

I was one of the meatfest cooks and the inventor of the Five-Pork Breakfast. Not to be outdone, host Jim Petry came up with the Seven-Pork breakfast. It was a thing of beauty.

Seems like we were ahead of our time.

Anonymous said...

The meal would not be half-eaten. I promise you we would finish the Bacon Explosion before we died.