A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Monday, December 1, 2008

In and out of the vice

Yes, THAT vice. The waffle iron. The cold press. The potato masher.
A mammogram is what you get as a 40th birthday present.
A couple of observations from the wait: One, a woman in the waiting room was chattering away about her breast cancer, which apparently has been treated but she was back for a follow-up. Let me just say that the words "breast cancer" are not exactly words of comfort when one is waiting for such an exam.
Two, a man (boyfriend? husband?) came in with his significant other. I sat next to them when I came back from doing all the paperwork. Brave fella.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Ahhh, the beloved mammogram. Before my first, a friend told me to practice up by opening the refrigerator door, placing my boob inside, and slamming it shut. Pretty darn close to the real thing...