A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Memories

Music transports me, as it probably does you. I can hear a song (such as the ones from YouTube below) and think of the following: first heartbreak; driving through the mountains with the windows down after a misty rain; riding my bike; sharing a lazy afternoon lounging in the grass with a friend.
(I am particularly fond of "Midnight Train to Georgia," for obvious reasons.)
When I hear such songs, I have two competing emotions: nostalgia, and yearning for those carefree days (minus the heartbreak, of course). And thankfulness/happiness that I am right here, right now. Gladys Knight sure could get the job done, couldn't she?



2 comments:

MaggieandBandit said...

We like music, too. When the staf turns on the music, we know things are going to be fun. We get to make fun of Staffer Mom dancing in the house. Of course, that's a memory that's painful sometimes. She really is pitiful.

Allison Kennedy said...

OK, but can you dance as well as your mom??