A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Friday, June 4, 2010

Support systems


Over the past few days, since my parents suffered a house fire, I've marveled at the great outpouring of support for them. People have sent food, money, flowers, clothing; done chores for them; offered their homes or apartments. It's really something. I'm also thankful that they have insurance. SO thankful. There was another couple, not far from us in Alabama, who lost their home to a fire; the home was paid for but they didn't have insurance. Granted, many people are reaching out to them too, but I imagine it's slow going when you don't have representatives from an insurance company telling you what needs to be done. In my parents' case, it's tedious work with all the questions and sorting through--but life-giving in that they're not worried about reimbursement.
Grateful.

No comments: