A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This modern life

Air conditioning. Ours at home has been out since Saturday. We're getting a new super-duper one installed Thursday, with various upgrades. TBTG. (Thanks be to God.) Cue the "Hallelujah Chorus." Pan to the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
I will readily admit that I'm a wimp when it comes to AC, or lack thereof, especially when I'm trying to sleep. And it's really not so hot here yet. On Saturday, after it first went out, I slept at home. This did not go well. On Sunday night, aware that our next-door neighbor was out of town, I stayed there. Heaven. Last night went to the parents' house, about 7 miles from us and therefore less convenient to work but still ... heaven. Will go back tonight to the neighbor's.
Michael the Stud Husband doesn't mind the warmer house.
Come Thursday night: Back in my own bed!
It's the little (major) things, don't ya know?

No comments: