A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Him: Dr. Oz

Fascinating piece from a recent New York Times magazine. I'm not so plugged into him--compared to, say, my mother who quotes him pretty frequently.
One of the most interesting bits to me: How he eats something very healthy every 45-60 minutes. I imagine he eats actual meals every now and then but he's so on the run all the time, he takes these little containers and baggies of food with him.
Another thing: At the end of the article, he says he doesn't get much sleep and acknowledges that's not good for his body. And I'm thinking, wouldn't it be a shame for someone who eats so completely right, fixes people's hearts, exercises just so, and does all that "maximizing his potential" stuff, to start having health issues because he's so frantically focused on ... health?

No comments: