A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nervous chatter?

Waiting rooms fascinate me. Great for people-watching, mainly. Today I was in one of our local hospitals, in an area where family and friends wait for people to come out of surgery. Or they wait for the news of surgery while the loved one is wheeled elsewhere. Certainly some patients are in for complicated things, and some less so. Today I paid closest attention to one group of six. They were laughing and carrying on, comparing sunglasses. They kept switching them around among the group. Some glasses provoked envy, some provocation and hilarity as in, "You go around wearing THAT?".
I wonder, Was it nervousness? Or was it just a group of people killing time by having fun? Likely some of both. I know when I'm nervous and fidgety, I go one of two ways: I either clam up and chew on my inner lip and inwardly obsess, or I get real chatty and laugh a lot.
What does a waiting room evoke in you?

1 comment:

My Twenty Cents Keeps Moving said...

I inwardly obsess. And sometimes get too chatty. So yeah, we're practically twins.

:)
Leslie