A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A shoutout to Auburn Holiday Inn

What I'm about to tell you has pretty much nothing to do with health and fitness; but it's worth noting.
I recently stayed in this hotel for one night for an assignment.
In looking for a hotel in Auburn, the main thing I sought was proximity to my assignment. Got it. When I checked in, the staff was very courteous. Went upstairs and put my things away. The phone rang. Front desk staff was making sure everything was to my satisfaction. Then, and this is the best part: Each time I left the hotel--to go to the event, to run an errand, the staff person called me by name. This is amazing to me on at least two levels: Sometimes I can't remember the name of a person I JUST MET FIVE MINUTES AGO (occupational hazard); and two, a place as big as the Holiday Inn (which that night was booked) has a lot of names on the roster. How they remember each name, every night, is a feat.
So I wrote them a thank-you note.
Got a nice one back from someone there today.
It's the little things, don't ya know.

No comments: