A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bad writing, good topic

Internet, have you ever started reading a book, whose topic you like but the writing is so bad you just have to put it down? And not just the writing, but bad punctuation, bad grammar and typos? It's like eating a bad meal in someone's home; you want to be polite so you suffer your way through it. I kept trying to press on, but I finally gave up.
In the way-off chance the author would tune in to this blog, I won't give his name or the title of said book. Suffice it to say, I just couldn't get past page 22.
I will tell you that it's self-published (which is not automatically a reason for dismissal); but it reads as if he wrote down everything on a napkin and it went straight through the printer.
Bless his heart.

1 comment:

Kearsmom said...

That must have been painful!