A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Thursday, May 14, 2009

A 7-digit coincidence

So. My friend Colleen was in a wreck today. (She's fine, as I found out later.) I called her husband first and left him a message. Then I called her, and a man's voice--that gave the name Shawn--was on the voice mail greeting; I didn't leave a message because I figured Colleen changed cell numbers.
Then I called a mutual friend of mine and Colleen's to get the scoop on the accident. As I was talking to him, I could tell someone was trying to call me. I figured it was Colleen or her husband. When I checked the message, it was another friend (not connected to these people) who said, Hey, I see you tried to call me. Call me back and if I can't talk, leave a message. He is Shawn.
Now what are the odds that one of my friends changes cell numbers and another friend gets that same number?
The mind reels.

No comments: