A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Feeling her pain

So my mama called this afternoon and said, "I had an accident this morning."
My first thought was "car."
Thankfully, not the case. She was up early, reading in her chair then got up and tripped over the handles to her tote bag. She said she landed on her knee, and that my dad has been tending to her all day with ice packs and the like.
This would not be funny except I just did the same thing about an hour ago. (To say we are both accident-prone is an understatement.) Michael and I were eating and the phone rang. I went out rather hurriedly to the living room to grab the cordless so I could check the caller ID. It's usually dark in that room and I tripped over the coffee table (which, in my defense, we just put out there); and fell both on the table and on the floor. I have an ice pack on my left knee.
Hope your day is better and less clumsy.

No comments: