A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Monday, September 24, 2007

At age 18


Stealing this idea from another blog. ... In the interest of mental health, say you were writing a letter to a newly minted 18-year-old. What would you say to him/her? In thinking of what to say, what might you regret that you wish you could do over? Or what is something you did at that age that you look back at now and say, "Well done."?
OK, Internet, I'll start. Here is my advice: Have more fun. (Seems to me our lives are increasingly programmed and, as goes the thinking in some quarters, if we don't get into the right preschool, we're doomed for life.) So. Loosen up. Dance more. Jump rope. Run. Cavort.
Next?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When I owned a public relations firm in DC, I was one of several women invited annually to give advice to younger women, recent college graduates, who also wanted to be successful. They treated us like wonders of the world, which of course made me nervous. I became famous for telling them all my "secrets" of success plus advising them to go to lots of parties, never take themselves too seriously and never miss a chance to fall in love.

Allison Kennedy said...

Wonderful. I love that!