A health and fitness blog: With an occasional food item

Monday, December 14, 2009

Off furlough


I just came back to work from furlough. Look out, haha.
It wasn't so bad. The money part will stink, of course, but it was nice to be off. I called it a stay-lough because I didn't go anywhere. Just caught up on some reading and we went to see Michael's dad in Atlanta yesterday.
Here's an interesting article I came across while reading.
And, a tip: There is some great people-watching in Starbucks, in case you're inclined to spend an extended period there. Most any Starbucks will do. (One exception: This guy plopped down in an easy chair next to me the other day. Didn't say hello or anything, just started in on the great game Alabama played against Florida. I listened as if interested. Finally he said, "You're not a Florida fan, are you?" And I smiled and said, "If I were, I wouldn't tell YOU.")

No comments: